Website City of Long Beach
The City of Long Beach requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the City of Long Beach’s Human Resources Department.
- Under immediate supervision in a non-sworn training capacity, develops minimum qualifications required for a career in police service; receives Long Beach Police Academy* instruction in Police Department policies and procedures, weaponless defense, criminal and civil law, physical fitness techniques, use of firearms, arrest procedures, community relations, operation of emergency vehicles and other mandated courses; observes sworn police personnel in the processing of arrestees, including booking, fingerprinting, custody and control; and may perform non-sworn police support functions, such as traffic and crowd control, as directed during the training process.;
- Have no physical or mental limitations that might prevent the completion of any duty assignment.
- Cannot be on court ordered probation at time of application or hire.
- Have vision correctable to 20/20.
- No felony convictions.
- Twenty and a half years of age or older at time of filing.
- U.S. citizenship or have applied for citizenship. Citizenship must be granted within three years of appointment.
- U.S. high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency**.
- Valid driver’s license**.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A