Website City of Long Beach
The City of Long Beach requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the City of Long Beach’s Human Resources Department.
- Under supervision, performs specialized technical work pertaining to applications programming and analysis, system software/hardware analysis and design, and system administration and support activities; prepares or codes programs from specifications; tests and debugs programs;
- Updates and modifies existing programs from detailed specifications; develops, maintain and/or updates system procedures and documentation; performs hardware and software maintenance on complex installations and data communications equipment;
- Interfaces with end users to plan, define and implement systems modifications;
- Accurately interprets end user needs and requirements and modifies or designs programs or systems to meet those needs; prepares detailed technical specifications for programmers to follow in program development and modification; provides timely, accurate and effective customer service; recommends options to end users by considering various solutions to business needs;
- May act in a lead or supervisory capacity; may prepare or evaluate training materials and manuals;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience in performing system administration including role-based access control (RBAC), workflow, menu access, and IT support principles.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience developing and conducting cross-training sessions.
- Ability to create and understand end user/technical/architectural documentation.
- Experience with configuration, implementation, troubleshooting, and/or enhancement of software systems.
- Advanced level experience with Windows servers and operating systems.
- The candidate will be able to work collaboratively with a variety of technical and non-technical end-users at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in supporting government workflow software solutions for municipal permitting and licensing workflows, such as Infor Public Sector Suite software or other similar systems.
- Experience supporting in workload automation tasks and system interfaces.
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL) and the ability to develop and support queries against relational databases.
- Familiarity with Infor products is highly preferred, e.g., Infor Public Sector, Dynamic Portal, or Rhythm for Civics.
- A general understanding of permitting, planning, code enforcement and licensing business workflows.
- Proficiency in development languages and tools such as Visual Basic, .NET, C #, and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL).
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A