Website City of McKinney
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named “The #1 Best Place to Live in America.” Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That’s why we exist.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls.
- Assists the Information Security Engineer in design, modification, and implementation of new or revised security architecture.
- Attends work regularly in compliance with agreed-upon work schedule
- Monitors agency systems, reporting anomalous activity and malicious traffic.
- Makes recommendations on improving network, server, and application security. Responsible for administering security tools, equipment and servers.
- Participates in vulnerability management activities, providing responses and mitigation strategies to discover vulnerabilities with the ability to communicate these responses both verbally and in writing.
- Provides training and promotes security awareness throughout the agency.
- Maintains relevant knowledge necessary to perform essential job functions; keeps up to date on changes in the field.
- Monitors information security and privacy related websites, newsgroups, organizations and publications. Recommends best practices and improvements to agency information security standards and procedures. Prepares reports and presentations on security related matters.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of sensitive and/or protected information
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures, including those pertaining to ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems, technology across all network layers and computer platforms, operational support of networks, operating systems, Internet technologies, databases, and security applications, and information security practices,
- procedures, and regulations
- Skill in exercising sound judgment and effective decision making
- Ability to work more than 40 hours as needed and in compliance with the FLSA
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Ability to arrange for personal transportation for business-related travel
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to embrace and embody the City’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to receive and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to lift and relocate 30 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a professional office environment
- Skill in handling multiple tasks, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Skill in effective oral and written communication
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience with the following: nmap, SIEM, DLP, vulnerability scanning, Metasploit, Kali Linux, firewalls, privileged access management, and active directory
Company: City of McKinney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McKinney, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A