Website City of McKinney
Under the context of the Perfect Client Experience (PCE model) in the IT Operations Guide, this position is responsible for providing technical support to the team responsible for a subset of business systems applications; integrates and develops desktop/browser-based applications for back-end server processes.
- Automate manual activities of application(s).
- Identification and implementation of enhancements to current applications(s).
- Work with external vendors and technical support teams to resolve issues and deliver strategic enhancements.
- Provide metric reporting for various applications and systems.
- Utilize ticketing system to document and track all inbound and outbound customer interactions.
- Maintain applications backups, plan for system availability, and troubleshoot and repair problems through resolution.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and provide long range planning to user departments.
- Gain an understanding of how the customer utilizes the application and look for area’s to suggest changes to improve efficiencies for our customers.
- Manage and execute application installation, upgrade and patching projects.
- Support customer inquiries and requests on application(s).
- Administer and provide operational support of application(s).
- Comply with all written City policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and maintain departmental standards, procedures, and documentation.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support, create and publish knowledge articles.
- Articulate timely responses to all customers and internal stakeholder needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to prioritize and engage management in situations when prioritization is a challenge.
- Strong organizational/time management skills required.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with all levels of clients (internal and external) and address their respective issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to embrace and embody the City’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Proficient in Excel and data mapping.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a matrixed position.
- 1-2 years of experience with implementation and/or configuration of Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
Company: City of McKinney
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McKinney, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A