Website City of Midland
Performs skilled mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of specialized plant machinery at the Membrane Bioreactor Facility and Water Pollution Control Plant.
- Repairs equipment including pumps, chemical feeders, valves and specialized equipment.
- Collects wastewater samples for testing and analysis.
- Prioritizes and plans work days, projects and maintenance schedules.
- Works with vendors in obtaining quotes or bids for required products and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance on plant equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Performs annual maintenance at plants including but not limited to cleaning and painting equipment
- Performs electrical repairs including wiring of electric motors, switches, and panels.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems including checking and repairing control circuits.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments in the field.
- Maintains required records of plant operations and maintenance.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Ability to sit, stand and transport self from building to building.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to and from various work sites.
- Employee will work in seasonal temperatures bending, kneeling, twisting and climbing.
- Employee can work with potential mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Employee may be exposed to communicable diseases while handling raw sewage.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs., climb stairs and open access hatches.
- Must be able to climb 20 ft. ladders and work effectively at that height.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of wastewater treatment.
- Skill in observing, reading and interpreting written materials.
- Knowledge of plant operations and maintenance.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Ability to use testing and measuring equipment.
- Skill in the use of hand tools, test equipment, and welding tools.
- May work rotating shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to three years experience in a related field preferred.
- Must remain qualified to wear SCBA. Valid Texas CDL Class A or B driver’s license required.
- Must receive and retain a valid ‘C’ Wastewater Treatment License from the State of Texas within 3 years of employment.
Company: City of Midland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A