Website City of Norman
Selected applicant must pass background investigation, physical examination, and drug screen.
- Cleans offices, meeting rooms, hallways, lobbies, and entries.
- Vacuums, shampoos, and steam cleans carpets; sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, and burnishes floors; dusts and polishes furniture; etc.; cleans mirrors, tables, fixtures, blinds, etc.
- Washes windows, walls, metal, and woodwork; cleans entrances and exits including glass, doors, and hardware.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms using established practices and procedures; washes and disinfects all restroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, sinks, and fixtures; cleans restroom walls and toilet partitions; replenishes paper towel, toilet tissue and hand soap in all dispensers.
- Cleans and disinfects drinking fountains; cleans break room floors, sinks, and counters. Empties all waste baskets and garbage cans and relines cans with liners; places garbage in outside refuse container.
- Performs general equipment and hand tool maintenance duties as required; replaces vacuum bags and changes belts and brushes; reports needed maintenance or repairs.
- Operates auto scrubber, burnisher, extractor, and other floor maintenance equipment using established operational and safety practices and procedures. Secures storage areas, ensures cleaning materials, supplies, and equipment are maintained and stored in a safe and orderly manner; maintains an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies; restocks materials and supplies; reports need for equipment repairs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy (up to75 lb.) cleaning supplies frequently.
- Work requires continued walking, pushing, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- A high school diploma or GED preferred.
Company: City of Norman
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Norman, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A