Website City of Norman
Applicant must have a telephone where he/she may be reached. Selected applicant must pass a background investigation, physical examination and drug screen.
- Performs grounds maintenance duties. Mows and waters grass. Trims shrubs and hedges.
- Operates weed eater whips, edgers, and blowers.
- Places pine straw around flower beds and shrubs.
- Cleans restrooms, picks up trash and other debris.
- Rakes leaves and removes snow from walkways.
- Operates chainsaws, trimmers, pole nippers, and bucket truck.
- Removes limbs and stumps and places in chipper or stump cutter. Maintains athletic fields.
- Fills and packs holes. Fixes bases.
- Waters, mows, and marks fields.
- Drive trucks and pull trailers, haul equipment. Interfaces with citizens in person regarding minor complaints or questions.
- Inspects equipment for safety hazards before use.
- Works in a manner safe to the individual and public.
- Uses safety equipment as required. Keeps work area clean and safe.
- May be required to perform Lead Worker functions.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Frequent exposure of up to 80% of work time to dirt, dust, extreme temperatures, noise, and noxious fumes and odors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of fellow employees and citizens while performing duties.
- Exposure to hazards associated with equipment, machinery, upgraded terrain at construction sites, and moving vehicles on roadways.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record with ability to obtain an Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License Class A within six (6) months’ probationary period. Must obtain State of Oklahoma Department of Agriculture Service Technician License within six (6) months’ probationary period.
Company: City of Norman
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A