Website City of Oceanside
An Electrician installs, tests, replaces, maintains and repairs a variety of electrical equipment and devices associated with traffic signal equipment, street lighting, installation of wiring and equipment on fixed or floating piers, docks and marinas, parking lot devices, and general electrical building maintenance;
- Principles, methods, materials, and tools used in electrical, electronic and mechanical repair and maintenance work.
- Hazardous chemicals.
- Pertinent City and State codes for electrical installation.
- Operational characteristics of electrical systems and internal components.
- Methods and techniques of maintaining, installing and repairing electrical systems and equipment.
- Methods and techniques of troubleshooting electrical system malfunctions.
- Operational principles of a wastewater treatment facility.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Mathematical principles.
- Principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems.
- Operating characteristics and application of electrical test equipment.
- Preventive maintenance techniques.
- Use and operate hand tools, mechanical equipment, and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate a variety of electrical repair, maintenance and installation equipment and vehicles in a safe and effective manner.
- Work independently and efficiently to carry out assignments.
- Perform assigned work in accordance with appropriate safety practices and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform a variety of installation, repair, and maintenance duties on electrical and mechanical systems.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical malfunctions.
- Read and interpret electronic schematics, diagrams, drawings and plans.
- Bend and install conduit, pull wire and work on control wiring and equipment.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Perform mathematical calculations necessary for electronic and electrical troubleshooting.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Company: City of Oceanside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Oceanside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A