Website City of Oceanside
The City of Oceanside is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Worker III. There is currently one vacancy in the Public Works Department. This position will be responsible for operating a Street Sweeper. Examples of Duties This is the advanced journey level class in the Maintenance Worker series.
- The incumbent will provide a wide range of legal counsel and advice to the members of the Oceanside Police Department, including management, police officers and civilian employees.
- This will include legal research and analysis to ensure compliance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and policies.
- The attorney will be responsible for conducting training on employment laws and policies as well as civil liability issues.
- The incumbent will provide advice related to the implementation of discipline and represent the City in administrative hearings concerning grievances in accordance with the applicable memorandum of understanding.
- As assigned by the City Attorney, the incumbent will defend the City in state and federal court actions arising from law enforcement activities, provide legal advice regarding Public Record Act requests and the handling and disposition of evidence, respond to Pitchess motions and staff the City’s Police and Fire Commission meetings.
- This position will report to the City Attorney and is responsible for performing related duties as assigned.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Advanced methods and techniques of maintenance, construction and repair related to the area of work assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and tools.
- Geographic characteristics and street layout of the City.
Lead, organize and review the work of staff.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Operate assigned street sweeping vehicle.
- Principles and practices of maintenance and repair of assigned equipment.
- Clean, maintain and repair assigned tools and equipment.
- Principles of lead supervision and training.
- Use and operate a variety of maintenance and repair equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Operational characteristics of equipment and tools used in the area of work assigned.
- Read and understand street maps.
- Oversee and participate in a variety of maintenance, construction and repair work in the area of work assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform heavy manual labor.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations. Ability to:
Qualification & Experience:
- Three years of increasingly responsible maintenance, construction or repair experience. Training:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade. License:Possession of a Class A or Class B driver license.
- Working Conditions and Selection Process Environmental Conditions
- Field environment, travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, inclement weather conditions, potentially hazardous chemicals or waste and infectious materials; work in or with water; work at heights on scaffolding and ladders; work in confined spaces, underground, on slippery or uneven surfaces and around heavy equipment
Company: City of Oceanside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Oceanside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A