Website City of Ontario
Are you interested in joining a team committed to the protection of the environment, public health of the residents, and business owners of the City of Ontario? The City of Ontario has an exciting opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Technician to join the Environmental Programs Division of the Ontario Municipal Utilities Company. The Water/Wastewater Technician is responsible for monitoring the City’s water and wastewater systems in compliance with relevant government regulations. This position conducts inspections, operates and maintains water and wastewater monitoring equipment, maintains records, and prepares reports. The successful candidate will be working within the pretreatment program section of the Environmental Programs Division.
- Investigates wastewater overflow incidents and prepares reports in compliance with wastewater discharge regulations.
- Maintains records related to wastewater quality and chain of custody records for wastewater samples.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding water quality and industrial wastewater pretreatment requirements
- Reviews and evaluates industrial wastewater monitoring reports, and determines compliance with local, State, and federal applicable regulations.
- Calibrates, maintains and operates water and wastewater monitoring equipment such as flow, pH, and conductivity meter and automatic samplers.
- Conducts inspections of industrial users’ facilities; categorizes industries based upon operations performed on-site, writes inspection reports and industry Fact Sheets; issues notices of correction.
- Determines the type of permit necessary, if any, and prepares the necessary industrial wastewater discharge permit.
- Collects water and wastewater samples to meet local, state, and federal monitoring requirements and/or coordinates sampling events through the City’s contracted laboratory.
Hazardous waste laws and regulations.
Basic Chemistry and mathematical calculations.
Principles and practices of wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal.
Local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the handling, storage, treatment and disposal of waste and wastewater into the sewerage system.
40 CFR Part 136
Industrial process operations, the regulations that are applicable to those operations, and the types of pollutants generated in wastes from those operations.
Wastewater sampling and sample preservation techniques.
Permits and other control documents.
Safety procedures, rules, regulations, and practices, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Company: City of Ontario
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Ontario, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A