Website City of Richmond, Virginia
The City of Richmond Department of Public Works is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Refuse Collector with the Solid Waste Division. This position will be responsible for collecting and removing waste, garbage, or refuse and emptying trash cans or bins along designated routes.
- Collecting refuse and yard waste on a specific assigned route;
- Operating hydraulic lift system;
- Assisting driver with rear vision and traffic obstructions;
- Locating trash can violations and labeling trash cans;
- Explaining container regulations to citizens and assisting citizens as needed;
- Assisting other crews as needed.
- Knowledge of safe working principles and practices; accident prevention; minor first aid; and operating instructions for cleaning equipment.
- Skills in communicating with citizens (oral communication); appropriately addressing upset citizens with complains; providing traffic directions to Refuse Truck Operators to ensure safe operation of the truck; and customer service.
- Ability to pay attention to detail; follow standard practices; follow safety standards; make decisions; and work outdoors in every type of weather including adverse weather conditions.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification
- Some prior work experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
Company: City of Richmond, Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A