Website City of Richmond, Virginia
The Department of Finance, Cash Operations Division is seeking to fill the position of Customer Service Technician who will be responsible for processing cash, checks, credit card collections and providing customer service for taxpayer inquiries.
- Responding to customer requests, inquiries and problems in person and on telephone, assisting with resolutions;
- Assisting customers in person or by telephone with billing inquiries;
- Receiving and reconciles cash, checks and charges receipts;
- Verifying and correcting business licenses and personal property tax information;
- Answering questions about rates, business licenses, decals, personal property taxes, service charges, fees and credit policies;
- Reviewing requests and issues permits, certificates and drafts to customers; makes requested changes on existing documents;
- Managing customer data records by adding new records, maintaining and revising current records, and archiving and deleting obsolete records within department computer system as directed;
- Monitoring delinquent customer accounts and takes prescribed action;
- Screening and registering clients, and monitors caseload activity on a monthly basis;
- Forwarding customer feedback to supervisor;
- If assigned to Customer Care Call Center in Finance/Assessor’s, respond to customer’s incoming telephone calls;
- Generating reports on a routine and recurring basis;
- Ensuring customer permits, licenses and records comply with City and State laws;
- Performing routine office tasks such as preparing correspondence, data entry, mail processing and filing.
- Demonstrated knowledge in standard office equipment, standard office protocols and procedures, basic clerical duties and cash handling procedures; Proven skill in data entry, MS office, problem solving, basic mathematics and customer service. Proven ability to multi-task, remain calm in stressful situations and defuse inflamed situations.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses
Company: City of Richmond, Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A