Website City of Richmond, Virginia
The City of Richmond Department of Public Utilities is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Utilities Field Pipeline Technician position in the Wastewater Division. The selected candidates will perform routine maintenance and repairs to assure safe and proper operation of the City of Richmond Sanitary and Combined Sewer infrastructure.
- Installing sanitary and combined sewer piping and fittings;
- Driving and operating small equipment and machinery;
- Performing routine maintenance inspections of piping systems;
- Responding to work orders;
- Assembling tools, materials and equipment for daily work assignments; transports personnel to and from work site.
- Demonstrated skills in operating machinery and hand tools (e.g. shovels, saws, jackhammers, etc.); reading and interpreting blueprints; verbal and written communication; consulting with internal and external departments and agencies; and customer service.
- Considerable knowledge of sewer/wastewater pipeline replacement and repair; confined spaced experience; plumbing; pipefitting; Hazmat/PPE protection equipment and safety procedures and industry Standard Operating Practices (SOP’s).
- Demonstrated ability to follow proper safety and standard operating procedures; prioritize assigned tasks; multi-task assigned tasks; and manage time effectively.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
- Requires High School diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training;
- One year of related experience;
Company: City of Richmond, Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A