Website City Of Riverside
The City of Riverside is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant. This position provides direct executive level coordination and is responsible for the implementation of assignments by the City Manager or three Assistant City Managers. The Senior Administrative Assistant should possess political acumen in order to appropriately respond to requests from residents, departments, external entities, and elected officials.
- Review, log, prioritize, and route correspondence.
- Recommend organizational or procedural changes affecting administrative support activities.
- Review work upon completion for conformance to divisional requirements.
- Act as receptionist, screen calls and visitors, and refer inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain manuals and update resource materials.
- Compile and maintain complex and extensive records for a department.
- Maintain appointment schedules, daily calendars, and make travel arrangements.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of office budget.
- Coordinate civic and social engagements as well as special events.
- May serve as secretary and/or administrative staff to a board or commission preparing the agenda and taking minutes of meetings.
- Interpret and apply divisional policies and procedures in responses to inquiries and make appropriate referrals.
- Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential duties for designated City executives.
- Take and transcribe dictation from rough draft, shorthand notes, or recordings.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible and confidential duties for designated individuals at the Division Head level.
- Gather, organize, and prepare information for routine reports.
- Respond independently to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Maintain a variety of files and records of information.
- Assist in the assigning, supervision, and participation in the work of the administrative support section of an assigned department or division.
- Assist in agenda preparation, gather information, and contact meeting participants.
- An Associates or advanced degree is preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience supporting a Board or Commission.
- At least two (2) years of experience supporting multiple executive positions with highly demanding schedules.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook.
- Correspondence (letters and memos) writing and proofreading experience.
- Municipal/public sector government experience.
Company: City Of Riverside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Riverside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A