Website City Of Riverside
The salary that is posted for this recruitment is for any applicant deemed a new member under the Public Employee Pension Reform Act of 2013. For all others, please reference the City’s salary schedule.***
- Interpret local and State fire safety codes and inspection and investigation techniques and procedures; explain data concerning building design and construction and fire extinguishing and alarm systems and equipment.
- Investigate public complaints concerning fire safety and respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Prepare, brochures, and like materials; review and edit materials to ensure they meet safety and educational standards; monitor quality and delivery of fire safety information.
- Compose and issue written correspondence, notices, and citations; keep records of inspections and prepare specific documents and reports.
- Assist and provide clerical work for public information releases and fire safety education programs; give presentations and demonstrations.
- Perform various clerical work for fire safety programs and education; communicates with organizations, coordinates fire safety engagements, and performs extensive community outreach.
- Issue and explain permit applications and requirements; ensure application of specifications related to safety and fire preparedness; witness and certify the correct installation of fire safety apparatus for new construction.
- Remain informed of emerging trends and practices in all aspects of fire safety; maintains website and updates safety and public information.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
- Conduct and participate in fire safety surveys and inspections locating and identifying existing or potential fire safety problems and recommending appropriate safety measures and devices.
- Interpreting fire and life safety codes and standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- National, State, and local fire and life, electrical, mechanical, and building safety codes, standards, and policies.
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Public relations techniques and practices.
- Operating a personal computer and applicable software programs to create and revise graphic materials.
- City and department policies and procedures.
- Following oral and written instructions.
- Effectively applying fire prevention and fire investigation methods, practices, and techniques.
- Basic principles and practices of fire safety education, inspection, and enforcement work.
- National Fire Protection Association Standards.
Company: City Of Riverside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Riverside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A