Website City Of Riverside
The City of Riverside Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department has an opportunity for General Service Workers in the Parks Division. This entry-level position is responsible for performing a variety of routine and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance and minor repair of parks, grounds, and recreation facilities. The General Service Worker serves an important role in keeping parks safe, clean and a place for patrons of all ages to relax, exercise and play.
- Assist the Wastewater Operations staff with general housekeeping, septic receiving, bio-solids handling, sampling activities and basic laboratory assistance.
- Assist in maintaining and preparing athletic fields including hand grading, filling and shaping of baseball diamonds.
- Cut grass and weeds; rake and load grass and brush; mow lawns and clean grounds; assist in planting, watering and caring for shrubs and flowers.
- Assist other skilled workers in a variety of crafts and trades; may act as flag person when working on City streets; may drive City vehicles, as assigned.
- Dig ditches, trenches and post holes; backfill trenches; load and unload dirt ant construction materials.
- Maintain assigned City vehicles.
- Assist journey level building maintenance trade workers in painting projects, moving furniture and equipment, removing and laying of carpets, and construction or maintenance projects as assigned.
- Deliver City locks, meter reading cards, or other miscellaneous items to customers.
- Assist with storm drain channel clean up.
- Deliver utility cut-off notices on residential and business doors of designated utility customers.
- Tactfully respond to citizen inquiries and/or complaints.
- Six (6) months of landscape work experience.
- Six (6) months of irrigation systems work experience.
- Six (6) months of building maintenance and custodial/janitorial work experience.
- Any experience in pressure washing with hot water.
Company: City Of Riverside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Riverside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A