Website City Of Riverside
The City of Riverside, Public Utilities Department (RPU) is accepting applications for the position of Utilities Senior Water Engineer to fill one (1) vacancy in the Water Engineering Division. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months. Under general supervision, a Utilities Senior Water Engineer will perform supervisory and/or professional water engineering work in the design, investigation and construction of water utility projects; and do related work as required.
- Performs studies of technical, environmental, and economic feasibility, engineering field studies, and related studies pertaining to proposed and existing municipal facilities.
- Prepares contracts and specifications for engineering and construction services.
- Plans and performs their own work and completes special projects requiring engineering and technical ability as assigned.
- Provides background information and documentation for management consideration on various projects.
- Makes sound decisions on minor problems related to the work being performed based on established guidelines and principles and supervisor guidance.
- Complete special projects requiring advanced engineering and technical ability.
- Develop and update written directives for the department and for use by other employees to include engineering guidelines, standard material lists, standard specifications, and other technical and administrative policies and procedures as applicable.
- Research activities pertaining to water materials and engineering practices.
- Prepare and review economic, hydraulic and hydrogeologic analyses and project justification reports.
- Develop major engineering projects and other engineering projects with unique problems which have an important effect on major public works projects.
- Provide background information and documentation for management consideration on major projects and technical matters involving advanced engineering theories, concepts and principles.
- Perform complex studies of technical, environmental, and economic feasibility, engineering field studies, and related studies pertaining to proposed and existing system facility improvements.
- Plan own work and the work of others.
- Complete special projects that are frequently of long duration and complexity.
- Work with other engineering personnel with limited experience in an advisory or supervisory capacity.
- Make decisions independently on technical problems and methods related to the work being performed.
- A Master’s degree in a field related to water utility engineering.
- Knowledge of water utility industry standard practices, including water facility planning, hydraulic modeling, engineering design, construction methods and standards, standard drawings, and standard and special provisions relating to water system facilities and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing construction cost estimates, hydraulic calculations, pipe and pump sizing, and determination of electric motor efficiencies.
- Experience in preparing technical reports, Board and Council reports, and bid packages for water system facilities and infrastructure.
- Experience in the development and evaluation of engineering alternatives.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and function as a team player across Divisions, Departments and outside organizations while minimizing and quickly resolving conflicts with other staff, contractors and customers.
- Passion for solving complex engineering problems, continuously learning and sharing knowledge, and developing and mentoring other engineers.
- Self-starter who is able to adjust to changes quickly, respond to requests promptly, and complete projects and tasks with a conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness and timeliness of results.
Company: City Of Riverside
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Riverside, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A