Website City of Rockford
Assist the Engineering Division in the collection of information for roadway, water main, and drainage design; GIS data collection; storm water quality; the layout, inspection and measurement of construction project; as well as right-of-way inspection.
- Collection of data in the field and entering of that data into various database systems.
- Assist in field survey for the design of roadway, water, and drainage projects.
- Construction layout and inspection.
- Measurement and documentation of construction items.
- Assist in right-of-way inspection for permit compliance.
- Preparation of reports and activities required for Clean Water Act Permit compliance.
- Perform field-testing of stormwater and the collection of data for permit compliance.
- Development of programs to promote clean storm water as required by IEPA permit.
- Maintain reasonable and predictable attendance.
- Ability to learn City services, departmental operations, and organization.
- Ability to judge the nature and importance of a task assigned.
- Ability to work in a group or individually while completing tasks assigned.
- Ability to communicate with the general public in a polite and efficient manner in person as well as on the
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate a computer.
- Ability to adequately perform office assistant functions.
- Ability to understand as well as follow departmental policies and procedures, both oral and written.
- Ability to work both inside and outside
Qualification & Experience:
- Enrollment in an academic program through an accredited institution, Engineering, Geography or a science related field preferred but not required.
Company: City of Rockford
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Rockford, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A