City of Sacramento
About the job
The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Candidates seeking an accommodation from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
On a seasonal and/or part-time basis, set-up and monitor activities at a facility or for a special event and provide general information to the public.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Immediate supervision is provided by a higher-level position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform related duties as needed.
- Open and close recreational facilities; monitor facility use; prepare and set up facilities for recreational use.
- Provide support and information to the general public in regard to facilities and programs.
- Provide custodial services including vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Monitor activities at community center facilities to ensure proper use of equipment and adherence to facility rules.
- Monitor the return of playground and athletic equipment; check equipment for proper care and use.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic first aid and safety practices.
- Read, write, and speak the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Work outside and indoors, in all weather conditions.
Must be at least 16 years old by time of appointment.
Physical Demands And Work Conditions
The conditions herein are typically required of an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Must be able to perform manual labor of extended periods of time; ability to lift, carry, push and pull equipment and supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
Work irregular shifts, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Must have the ability to work indoors and outside in all weather conditions.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento’s preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.Position/job titles will not be considered in determining eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this position. Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office as attachment(s) via online with the employment application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by FAX to (916) 596-1556. If submitting via FAX/email, please include your name and Job # 009137-22-YPCE-1 on your documents.
- Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline ;
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the duties area of the “Work Experience” section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on 40 hours per week (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week).
- If “see resume” is noted in the “Work Experience” section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the “Work Experience” section.
- Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline ;
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
- Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail) – All applications received by the final filing deadline will be forwarded to the hiring department for review. The hiring department will select the most competitive applications for further consideration. Human Resources will only evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications, as stated on the job announcement, for applications selected by the hiring department.
- Hiring Interview: Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
- Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan/fingerprinting and provide proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
- Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- For technical support between 6 AM – 5 PM PT, contact Live Application Support at 855-524-5627.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities;
- Send an email to email@example.com; or
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726