Website City of San Antonio
Under general supervision, is responsible for directing the activities of a crew of workers, ensuring schedules are followed and decisions are made on a variety of problems, informing supervisors of more complex problems. Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
- Inspects equipment and reports any equipment in need of maintenance or repair.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies and ensures that adequate levels of stock are maintained.
- Prepares City facilities for various events.
- Participates in the construction, maintenance, and repair of streets, City buildings and facilities, occasionally lifting and carrying equipment or materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Oversees a work crew involved in a variety of maintenance duties which may include sweeping or cleaning of streets, mowing and trimming of public lawns and bushes, and custodial maintenance of public areas.
- Inspects work areas before, during, and upon completion of work to ensure the quality and adherence to safety procedures.
- Develops work schedules and ensures timely completion of work.
- Repairs or replaces equipment at City parks and facilities.
- Two (2) years of experience in labor or maintenance.
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility.
- Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony
- Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal
- Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence Convictions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency).
- Must possess the appropriate Texas Driver’s License plus any required endorsements within six (6) months of employment.
Company: City of San Antonio
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A