Website City of Scottsdale
The primary function of an employee in this class it to perform field inspections and enforcement duties of the City’s Code regarding property maintenance, public nuisances, zoning, signs, housing, and health and safety violations. An employee in this class has daily contact with the public.
- Reads and visually interprets site issues quickly and accurately in order to measure compliance.
- Surveys assigned areas of the City to locate and observe violations of city codes including zoning, property maintenance, public nuisance, signs and health and safety code violations.
- Encourages voluntary compliance with codes and voluntary resolution of violations and conflicts.
- Investigates and resolves complaints of alleged violations of property maintenance, nuisance, and zoning codes; identifies violations and properties not in compliance and follows up with notices, civil citations and abatements to ensure compliance with city codes. Works with
- citizens, property, and business owners to correct violations.
- Prepares comprehensive reports, documents detailed inspections notes, issues notices or letters, photographs property conditions and maintains required records.
- Responds to complaints, inquiries, and information requests from the public, other city officials and departments, developers and contractors, customers, and other interested and affected parties.
- Performs commercial and residential inspections, proactive and complaint-initiated field inspections, preventative enforcement, and specialized inspections; determines compliance with municipal codes.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience in code enforcement related to investigating nuisance, zoning, and sign codes, or technical inspections related to construction, landscaping, or other related field Experience involving working with and communicating with the public preferably related to the application and interpretation of rules and regulations.
Company: City of Scottsdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A