Website City of Scottsdale
The Maintenance Tech Sports Fields position at the Scottsdale Stadium will be responsible for day to day non-supervisory staff direction, initiation and execution of maintenance projects, irrigation preventative maintenance, sports field line layout and painting, fertilization and herbicide application, and troubleshooting natural and/or artificial turf-related issues.
- Calibrates seed and fertilizer spreaders to uniformly plant seed and fertilize turf throughout the year; calibrates and applies liquid fertilizer and seasonal herbicide control.
- Preps professional baseball fields to obtain optimum playing conditions and ensure fields are MLB standards.
- Repairs irrigation mainlines from ¾” to 2” in size using components and techniques established by the industry, repairs and conducts preventative maintenance on irrigation heads.
- In the absence of the Parks & Recreation Operations Supervisor, oversees the staff including, but not limited to, organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Personifies leadership and promotes shared responsibility, teamwork, and continuous improvement by assisting the supervisor in planning, organizing, observing, and directing a variety of maintenance activities in a professional baseball maintenance.
- Within six months of hire, an Arizona Pest Control Applicator certification possessing Category 1 (Industrial and Institutional), Category 3 (Ornamental & Turf) and Category 4 (Right-of-Way) must be obtained.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver’s license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
- The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver’s licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent and three years of related experience.
Company: City of Scottsdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Mesa, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A