Website City of Scottsdale
This position resides in the City’s Information Technology department and provides support of the City’s Enterprise GIS system and GIS users throughout the City. Install, configure, upgrade, and monitor the ESRI ArcGIS server-based software comprising the City’s Enterprise GIS. Analyze, monitor, and ensure the Enterprise GIS systems meet the business and performance needs of the organization. Create, edit, and manage GIS datasets in the City’s Enterprise geodatabase. Works with GIS and other data sources to develop appropriate work products using GIS tools and processes. Works with city staff to determine their GIS needs and provide solutions. Performs complex analysis and creates graphics, utilizing GIS practices, in support of departmental projects or goals.”
- Administers and maintains the City’s enterprise ArcSDE geodatabases, including upgrades, data migration, export/import of data.
- Installs and configures ESRI ArcGIS server-based software applications, networks, and web configurations.
- Creates, develops, and maintains GIS datasets, including defining geospatial relationships to various enterprise business systems and database tables in support of department mission.
- Works with GIS and other non-spatial databases to develop appropriate work products using GIS tools and processes.
- Works with city staff from various departments to determine their respective GIS needs and develops small scale departmental applications utilizing ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise, using ESRI tools such as Survey 123, Dashboards, Field Maps, Workforce, etc.
- Supports GIS systems and users throughout the City, by troubleshooting system problems, installation, configuration, documentation, and training.
- Coordinates various special projects and/or graphics for presentations in support of the GIS system including addition of new data layers.
- Preferred: GISP (Geographic Information Systems Professional) Certification.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, GIS, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- A minimum of three years experience with ESRI GIS desktop and/or ESRI GIS web technologies.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Company: City of Scottsdale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chandler, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A