Website City of Sunrise
The Citizen Volunteer Corps program is designed to inspire community engagement by encouraging residents to get involved in the nuts and bolts of local government through volunteering their time and talents in various city departments. This program seeks to create an innovative partnership between the City and the citizens we serve, by providing volunteers the opportunity to directly impact programs and services that our residents count on every day.
- explore careers / build a resume
- retired with years of knowledge & experience to share
- gain experience with a great organization
- develop marketable job skills
- help expand & improve City services
- new graduates seeking work experience
- earn recognition
- graduate program candidates in need of an internship opportunity
- civically engaged people who take the time to get involved in this community!
- make a difference in our community
- meet new people & make new friends
- high school students looking to serve civic volunteer hours
- remain active between jobs & want to keep their skills sharp
- inspire community engagement
- Volunteers do not need to live within the City of Sunrise, but must be at least 15 years old.
- Potential volunteers will need to submit the online application and may be subject to background checks depending on where they will be placed.
- Citizen Volunteer Corps members are eligible to earn special recognition and awards from the City for their creditable volunteer service hours.
Company: City of Sunrise
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Sunrise, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A