Website City of Tallahassee
This is specialized clerical work involving application of accounting principles in the keeping of accounting or fiscal records and reports. Work is performed in accordance with clearly established accounting methods and procedures. Work also involves performance of other clerical duties and is reviewed by a superior primarily through verification of financial records and statements.
- Conducts routine pre-audits and post-audits by examining and verifying invoices, bills, and vouchers.
- Matches purchase orders to invoices; codes, records, and prepares invoices for payments
- Prepares and maintains files.
- Balances budget controls, audits accounts payable, and maintains records of expenditures to accounts. Takes and records utility deposits, and performs special utility billings.
- Posts billings, payments, and balances. Answers customer service questions. Prepares various reports, mails checks, maintains various account ledgers, and posts to ledgers.
- Counts revenues; performs bank reconciliations; prepares daily cash report; maintains fine account; and issues purchase requisitions. Performs related work as required.
- Some knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles and procedures and ability to apply such knowledge to accounting transactions; and of office methods and procedures.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations relative to financial records; perform daily work involving written or numerical data; and make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Skills in the use of standard office equipment, accounting machines and computers and the programs and applications necessary for successful job performance
- Possession of a high school diploma or an equivalent recognized certificate, including or supplemented by a course in bookkeeping or accounting
Company: City of Tallahassee
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A