Website City of Tallahassee
This is responsible professional engineering and managerial work in directing and managing the Aviation Department’s Capital Programs Division. The position is responsible for all functions related to the preparation or acquisition of services to prepare, and oversight related to: airport and facility planning, architecture/engineering, construction, environmental, and sustainability issues and the development and implementation of the airport capital improvement program. Duties are performed with considerable independence requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative in day-to-day operations. Important contacts are required with the public, officials of the county, state and federal agencies, contractors and consulting engineers. The work is performed under the administrative direction of the Director–Airport who reviews the work through conferences, evaluation of completed projects and analysis of reports
- Manages the planning, design, construction, and coordination of a large number of various airport infrastructure projects.
- Manages all division activities and staff which may include project coordinators, planners and administrative assistants.
- Prepares and monitors division operating and capital budgets.
- Reviews airport capital project submittals.
- Attends meetings and makes presentations to the City Commission, community groups, other public officials, and serves on advisory committees.
- Prepares and reviews Commission agenda items.
- Coordinates with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Airports District Office (ADO) and key stakeholders to develop and maintain the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan.
- Develops plans for Airport development and improvement, and implements the approved schedule of projects. Oversees structure and land records management.
- Prepares Requests for Qualifications and Proposals and Statements of Work and oversees process for the acquisition of professional services; oversees the work of airport consultants providing professional services for major repair and capital projects; drafts Statements of Work and performance specifications for capital projects not requiring outside professional design servicescts performance evaluations, and recommends approval or disapproval of merit increases.
- Performs related work as required.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering as applied to the development and management of airport programs and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of airport planning, design and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of modern airport administration and program management.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules, regulations and FAA advisory circulars pertaining to airport operations and development.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the principles and practices of design of airport horizontal and vertical construction; construction management methods and techniques; the design and layout of airport facilities; airport and aircraft operations, and aviation industry; the principles and practices and methods of airport planning, building architecture, environmental principals, procedures, practices and laws; and CAD and GIS.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, planning or a related field and six years of professional experience that includes airport capital programming, airport operations, airport maintenance, or airport construction management, at a commercial service airport; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three years of the required experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Company: City of Tallahassee
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A