Website City of Tampa
An employee in this class is responsible for supervising and independently performing a wide variety of highly complex Parking administrative assignments of considerable difficulty. Under direction, employees are required to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and to work effectively with the public, municipal officials, and others. Employees must also apply specialized and/or technical knowledge and experience in the interpretation and completion of assignments in accordance with municipal and departmental rules, regulations, procedures, and ordinances. Work is reviewed through conferences, observations, reports submitted, and results obtained.
- Serves as the principal Parking administrative supervisor exercising supervision over personnel assigned to Parking administrative functions which includes but is not limited to customer service, records maintenance, and accounting; implements new and revised procedures; establishes and promotes effective working relationships with the general public, municipal officials, and other employees through diplomatic communication and processing of inquiries and complaints.
- Supervises and trains subordinate administrative and clerical personnel; performs the most complex secretarial activities to include typing, data entry and when necessary; composes, edits, and prepares correspondence, reports, and forms, as well as resolutions, legal documents, and contracts.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and reviews the work of subordinate employees. Recommends personnel actions such as discipline, reprimands, demotions, suspensions, and dismissals; approves leaves and training requests; may process all personnel/payroll actions for the assigned work unit.
- Reviews and approves periodic and special statistical, financial, and other reports; establishes and maintains specialized files and record keeping systems; resolves errors and problems in accounts, payments, etc. in order to facilitate processing; verifies customer account information or checks activity account information; compiles financial data for budget preparation; answers telephone and takes messages, answers questions or forwards calls.
- Operates, cleans, and performs minor adjustments and maintenance on various office machines, as required.
- Performs related work as required.
- Considerable knowledge of: business English and mathematics; rules, regulations, procedures, and functions of the Parking Division in addition to appropriate municipal, state, and federal codes, ordinances, resolutions, regulations, and legislation; standard office practices, procedures, and equipment; municipal organization, programs, and policies; financial and budgetary principles, practices, and procedures, where required; effective supervisory techniques.
- Working knowledge of: operation and capabilities of personal computers and related software.
- Ability to: follow complex instructions, assimilate information, interpret written and numerical data, and arrive at decisions independently in accordance with established rules and regulations; locate, organize, and analyze data from files and other records; prepare and edit clear and concise written reports; compose, edit, and correct correspondence and reports for final typing and production; plan, assign, direct, supervise, and review the work of subordinate personnel; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, municipal officials, and the general public.
- Ability and skill in: typing, data entry and where required; operation and minor maintenance of office machinery and equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, 1 year of business college or courses in business administration or a related field preferred, and five (5) years of progressively responsible business administrative experience, preferably in a Parking Administration environment with three (3) years of supervisory experience Parking Operations or Administration.
Company: City of Tampa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A