Website College of Lake County
The College of Lake County Lakeshore Campus is looking for an Assistant Teacher to join their team. Under the administrative supervision of the Director, the Leadership of the Coordinator, and the Lead Teacher II, the Assistant Teacher assists in planning and facilitating activities for pre-school and/ or school-aged children.
- Maintain an awareness of children’s developmental progress and group processes and communicate anecdotes/impressions daily to the Lead Teacher II.
- Lead children’s group games, songs, stories, movement, trips, projects, activities, and discussions as planned with the Lead Teacher I or II.
- Communicate positively with every child at the child’s level of understanding.
- Monitor the on-going health and safety of all assigned children.
- Adhere to and enforce classroom rules, as well as procedures and policies established by the Lead Teacher, Program Coordinator, and/or Director.
- Routinely straighten, clean and organize all toys, equipment, shelving as well as all activity and eating areas.
- With the Lead Teacher I or II, plan and implement circle times, projects, portfolio for each child, and classroom portfolio.
- Set up activity areas as assigned.
- Bring questions, concerns or conflicts directly to the attention of Lead Teacher i or II, the Program Coordinator, and/or the Director.
- Participate in, share during, and/or prepare for classroom and center staff meetings, parent meetings, parent conferences, or center promotional activities as necessary or assigned.
- Greet families in a warm, friendly and interested manner; respond to inquiries in a helpful, positive manner
Experience and Qualifications:
Company: College of Lake County
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A