Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Eighth Coast Guard District, Sector Houston/Galveston, in Houston, TX.
- Ensuring all unit watch standing personnel are trained, certified and qualified in accordance with national standards and internal operating procedures.
- Serving as the unit representative when attending national training related meetings and workshops.
- Coordinating and conducting training for members of the maritime community and the general public.
- Serving as the technical expert on special projects, committees, working groups, advisory councils and professional societies for the purpose of identifying new developments in technology and determining subsequent training needs.
- Developing policies and procedures for daily and contingency operations and implementing national and local VTS policies, procedures and regulations.
- Providing direct oversight of vessel traffic management operations and staff in the Vessel Traffic Center (VTC).
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- A final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
Qualification & Experience:
- A one year Supervisory Probationary Period may be required.
- Experience in the development, administration and maintenance of a comprehensive operator and supervisor training program for vessel traffic services.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A