Website Collin College
The Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) will assist the Student Housing Operations director by incorporating residential life into the housing program. By facilitating the social, academic, and personal adjustment to campus living, the RLC will develop a positive sense of community among residents. Primary responsibilities will include: living on site*, implementation and facilitation of residential education; crisis response and on-call responsibilities; collaboration with institutional partners, Student Housing Operations and staff, and Student and Enrollment Services; and referring student housing conduct cases to the Student Housing Operations director and/or dean of students. This position will report to the Student Housing Operations director.
- Assist the director with the supervision of student housing, responding to all requests and emergencies during duty hours and on call throughout the week nights and weekends. Provide leadership to student resident activities personnel.
- Assist residents in their adjustment to roommate and community living.
- Design and implement experiences that enhance the social, educational, community, and personal development of student residents. Assist the director in managing daily residential life operations.
- Assist the director and dean of students with the adjudication of student conduct cases that occur within student housing, as appropriate.
- Make referrals to the dean of students, Student Housing Operations director, Collin College Police Department, 911, college administration, counseling services, ACCESS, and Strategies of Behavioral Intervention (SOBI) team as appropriate.
- Participate in administrator-on-call responsibilities to manage crisis situations in accordance with Board policies. Attend regular staff training sessions.
- Exhibit and demonstrate integrity and professional ethics in all situations and circumstances. Ensure students are trained in all residential life and college policies and procedures.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with issues impacting college students and student development
- Knowledge and experience in residential life and/or operations
- Knowledge of Collin College policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the Student Code of Conduct
- Skilled in working with staff and students from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer and typing skills
- Ability to sustain a welcoming and safe environment that is conducive to the social and academic development of all students
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Company: Collin College
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A