Website Columbia University in the City of New York
Columbia University Irving Medical Center is seeking a Revenue Cycle Supervisor (Self Pay and Specialty). The Specialty Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the relationship with outsourcing partners. Working with the Self-pay Manager for outsource vendors, the Specialty Supervisor will provide analytic support, problem-solving, and communication with vendors, clinical departments, and other management. The Specialty Supervisor will conduct routine audits and report results on all activities performed by our vendors.
The Specialty Supervisor will also be responsible for day-to-day operations of the payment posting process, the International Business Line, and Specialty billing. The Supervisor is responsible for staff performance, productivity, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Manages “special situation” and/or higher complexity calls escalated by Self-Pay Collections Specialists for resolution.
- Assists management in developing, implementing, and revising departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs quality review on staff by sampling accounts and listening to live calls.
- Monitors inbound telephone queues resulting from successful automated calls.
- Prepares and distributes weekly/ monthly/status reporting (development/preparation/maintenance of reports)
- Day-to-day management of a business unit that is responsible for handling outbound calls (manual and via an automated auto-dialer).
- Organizes and supervises staff to work in accordance with operating protocols to achieve maximize efficiency. Promotes a patient-focused culture of service. Assists with the evaluation of ongoing operations and programs on a regular basis for efficient use of resources
- Facilitates trouble shooting for revenue cycle work between vendors and departments.
- Meets regularly with CRO management team to review trends related to collections and/or billing issues.
- Reports the status of the Unit with respect to staffing, work tools, reports, potential problems, changes and requirements to the CRO Revenue Cycle Manager and Director.
- Assists with the International, Grand Rounds, Student Athlete Program, Virtual Care, Contractual relationships with Professional Sports teams, and other non-standard 3rd parties’ payers and associated processes
- Participates in meetings to discuss ongoing trends and issues regarding vendor activities.
- Performs Quality Assurance Audits on all activities contracted to perform on bad debt vendor management. Reports results and works with vendor to remediate any deficiencies
- Monitors daily cash deposits and ensures timely posting of all electronic and manual payments. Reports delays to Manager
- Maintain issue trackers and ensure timely resolution. Report operational and system issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a culturally diverse staff and patient/family population, strong customer service skills, demonstrating tact and sensitivity in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated skills in A/R management, Customer Service, problem assessment, resolution, and collaborative problem-solving in complex, and interdisciplinary settings including strong proficiency in healthcare and payer guidelines as it pertains to billing and reimbursement.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of customer service in medical billing or third-party payer environment with knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, and HCPC coding and medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse patient population in a professional and courteous manner and with sensitivity, tact, and respect.
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience.
- Ability to work independently and follow through and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) or similar software is required and an ability and willingness to learn new systems and programs.
Company: Columbia University in the City of New York
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A