Website Con Edison
Come be a part of our Corporate Accounting team, where you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a thriving industry! You will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where information is shared and new ideas are welcomed. Our goal is to provide a positive experience with every customer we reach. You will have ability to enhance the customer experience while learning all aspects of our business.
- Perform functions necessary to maintain and update the accounting books and records, prepare journal entries, financial reports, and analyses in compliance with applicable accounting, tax and regulatory requirements.
- Perform special projects and other related assignments as needed, for both internal and external contacts.
- Independently perform research and analyses.
- Assist the accounting supervisor in the supervision, control, and follow up of other department activities.
- Under the direction of the accounting supervisor, will review work of the group for accuracy and compliance with company procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation for reporting, budgets, rate cases, audits and other studies as directed.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Friendly and service-oriented
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
Company: Con Edison
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A