Website Consumers Energy
The Engineering Internship Program is geared toward current college students who have a passion for Engineering and an interest in Consumers Energy and the energy industry. The Engineering Internship Program at Consumers Energy has core principles of skill development, ability enhancement, and knowledge application – an experience designed to be complementary to traditional classroom instruction.
- Current college students of all levels will work as part of a larger team to provide hands-on support and design/development for various engineering aspects of our business.
- This could include work in energy delivery – electric engineering, gas engineering, energy operations, and more – all while helping create a better tomorrow for the communities we serve! In addition to working alongside full-time employees carrying out the engineering function for Consumers Energy, Engineering Interns will have the option to participate in a number of additional optional events within the program.
- This includes intern networking events, company tours, and the consistently top-ranked philanthropic event, the Intern Challenge.
- There are so many new, exciting opportunities in the world of engineering.
- It’s a very exciting time for Consumers Energy; come be a part of history – and fun!
- Provide engineering services with accuracy, integrating all applicable governmental and company laws, standards and procedures on time and under budget.
- Use computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Understand and follow company established standard procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
- Become familiar with plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Assists in client contact and communication.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills to provide technical expertise to coworkers, clients, customers, government entities and the public.
- Public involvement may include producing reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material as well as occasional speaking or meeting with stakeholders.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner. Reviews operating and construction sites to monitor progress and other duties per the design documents.
- Attitude and aptitude to learn new skills and concepts
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new assignments and projects
- Prior work and/or internship experience
- Ability and willingness to work independently or as part of a team in order to complete tasks
Company: Consumers Energy
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Saginaw, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A