CSX Technology is transforming the rail industry through innovative approaches to application development. To maintain the pace of change we are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about creating applications that enhance their customer’s business. Our Software Engineers are a key member of the development team, serving as a technical expert while designing, developing and maintaining high quality software. Applicants will be required to engage in ongoing background checks through the duration of this position with continued passing results.
- Provide impact analysis for changes to programs and systems.
- Follow best practices around developing and maintaining secure systems
- Assist in the definition of best practices and strategies for the team
- Design and build technical solutions for typical business problems based on standards and guidance from more experienced team members
- Debug and resolve issues and develop code-based solutions of average complexity for current application
- Document test cases, expected results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams/business partners to resolve testing problems.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Provide production support responsibilities for one or more applications
- Actively engaged with immediate team members to ensure alignment with specified technical deliverables
- Code, debug, test, and support programs, applications, services, mobile apps, utilities and tools as part of the application development process.
- Translate functional requirements into working solutions
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 or more years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems,
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies and their application
- Computer Programming skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform unit and integration testing
- Systems documentation skills (requirements and technical design)
- Knowledge of change management processes and the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) concepts
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and peers (both written and orally)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A