Work with data and other resources to support all roles and functions within the Income Tax group to ensure regulatory compliance and timely and accurate income and franchise tax reporting for federal, state, and foreign jurisdictions.
- Work independently with finance and accounting data to produce federal and state income/franchise tax returns.
- Process requires data analysis, identification of tax sensitive transaction, and the gathering of additional information from the Accounting and
- Reporting team. Work requires a general understand of tax law and ability to apply it appropriately.
- Work on special projects and cross-functional department initiatives, including process improvements, tax planning, etc.
- Provide support and analysis for state, local, and federal audits to various groups within the tax department. Work may include gathering returns and data for periods under audit, as well as preparing analysis workpapers.
- Work independently to prepare tax provision calculations and estimated tax payments using both accounting data and finance estimates.
- Process includes researching Federal and state tax law and analysis of both finance and accounting data.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Work independently to conduct technical tax issue research and effectively document findings.
- Strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office skills, with strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of corporate tax software, preferably Corptax
- Ability to effectively execute income tax compliance responsibilities and project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain attention to detail
- Knowledge of Alteryx software a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting
- Ability to conduct tax technical research with oversight and effectively communicate findings.
- Knowledge of Federal and state income tax laws
- Ability to communicate effectively
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A