Website Daytona State College
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
- Maintain and updated working knowledge of all federal, state, and institutional rules/regulations pertaining to Financial Aid Programs.
- Maintains record system, gathers and maintains data/information to support periodic and special reports documenting activities for area of responsibility.
- Performs office tasks such as data entry, typing correspondence, filing, faxing, telephoning, and photocopying.
- assists students with application for financial aid.
- Determines financial aid eligibility (including verification) and award financial aid in compliance with all federal, state, and institutional guidelines, program reconciliations, processing Satisfactory Academic Progress, etc.
- Work extended hours during peak registration periods as needed and be available at other times during the year as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Conduct Financial Aid nights and group presentations when needed..
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of financial aid programs, policies and procedures, and the ability to maintain good working relationships with students, parents and coworkers.
- The successful candidate will also have the ability to organize work and handle multiple responsibilities, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Candidate should possess computer skills and have knowledge of software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Company: Daytona State College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A