Website Daytona State College
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
- Keeps appointment calendars, makes appointments, and arranges meetings for departmental personnel.
- Performs research and retrieval of records; conducts statistical comparisons of information; assists in preparation and maintenance of departmental records.
- Prepares course files and records, both financial aid and statistical for Florida Department of Law Enforcement yearly audits.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; orders new materials as required.
- Answers telephones and provides information; route calls to appropriate personnel or takes messages; retrieves messages from and responds to voicemail.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves data from the computer to assist departmental and other campus personnel; retrieves data for reports.
- Assists department personnel with customer service, including providing information to visitors.
- Performs office tasks such as typing correspondence, schedules, documents, manuals, reports, setting up files, filing, preparing spreadsheets, faxing, e-mailing, telephoning, and photocopying. Maintains and distributes email lists to customers and potential customers for specialized training classes.
- Distributes flyers and course advertisements for approximately 150 classes per year.
- The successful candidate must possess strong computer skills and have knowledge of software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Training will be provided on other programs used for the position.
- He or she must communicate well both verbally and in writing and be skilled in customer service, scheduling and record keeping.
- The successful candidate must be creative, motivated, have personal initiative and be able to work independently on special projects.
- He or she must also possess the ability to multi-task, utilize time management and be well organized and flexible.
Company: Daytona State College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A