Website Daytona State College
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans.
- Classroom instruction to assist student to develop and/or improve the skills needed to function independently and obtain COMPTIA certification in one or more of the following, COMPTIA A+, Network+, and Security+.
- Assess, test and evaluate students as necessary on each certification tract and provide oral reports in an agreed-upon format, upon request, written documentation on student progress each month for billing purposes and a final written narrative report in an agreed-upon format, after the student completes training.
- Provide monthly reports for billing to include student progress reports, test scores, attendance, and course content taught during the month.
- Develop daily lesson plans and present lessons accordingly.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Coordinates use of facilities, and secures instructional materials, equipment, and other supportive services as needed to facilitate programs; serves as department liaison as required.
- Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information: attends professional seminars or conferences to improve professional skills or assist with programs.
- Supervises staff, including training, assigning and evaluation work, counseling, and disciplining; ensures compliances with local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as, college policies and procedures.
- The Specialist will conduct informal and formal student assessments and review the results of those assessments with students to identify strengths, needs, preferences, and interests of the student.
- The Specialist will monitor student attendance house and advise students and instructors when students meet testing/retesting requirements to make effective progress forward in their program.
- Results of assessment and attendance data will be shared with Adult Education students, instructors and staff.
- The specialist will work in coordination with other DSC departments such as Assessments and institutional Research to ensure accuracy of data and reports and to transition data between various platforms including PeopleSoft and TOPSpro.
- Utilizing a case-management approach the Specialist will assist with student facing responsibilities including advising students, developing individualized learning and career pathways and post-secondary plans with students, guide adult education students through the applications and orientation process and provide student assistance with financial aid information and forms to be completed.
- The Transition specialist will review forms with students to ensure accuracy of information and data.
- Provide students with a deep level of Knowledge of DSC programs and resources to advise students and facilitate successful transition between adult education programs and DSC workforce and postsecondary programs. Link adult education students with local services and resources in conjunction with local community agencies.
- The Specialist will participate in retention and recruitment efforts by directly contacting former, current, and potential School of Adult Ed Students.
Company: Daytona State College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A