Website Florida Department of Children and Families
The incumbent in this position will serve as an Employment Placement Specialist, within the Division of Blind Services, District 6 Office, located in Orlando, Florida. The incumbent will be responsible for providing direct job development and placement services for blind and visually impaired consumers of the Division of Blind Services.
- Interview, counsel, and evaluate clients to determine individual therapeutic activity needs.
- Assess client resources.
- Assist in the establishment of policies, standards, rules, regulations, and guidelines for program planning.
- Perform follow-up and maintain client contact through telephone calls and home visits.
- Conduct client intake.
- Evaluate rehabilitation therapy programs and make recommendations for adjustment and revisions.
- Determine existing problems and evaluate individual needs for achieving independence in daily living, in acquiring communication skills, and/or obtaining suitable employment.
- Develop community contacts for employment opportunities, similar benefits, and socialization.
- Perform job placement and job development activities for clients.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with a diverse group of blind and visually impaired clients to determine their eligibility for rehabilitation services and the feasibility for achieving a vocational independent living or educational goal.
- Prepare reports on client progress and their reactions to various activities.
- Consult with other professionals and team members concerning recommended programs.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to conduct research studies.
- Ability to develop program manuals, policies, procedures, standards, and rules.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of service programs and identify resources or adjustments needed to meet needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of social, economic, rehabilitative or health care services, administration or planning techniques.
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A