Website Florida Department of Children and Families
The Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs is an agency dedicated to serving those who served U.S. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic individual to administer our resident heroes’ activities program. Our skilled nursing facility boasts a loyal team of long-term employees and a fantastic work culture.
- Serve as representative of the Activity Department on the interdisciplinary team with the responsibility of insuring the resident treatment objectives are consistent with overall treatment process, care plans, MDS assessments and progress notes.
- The Activities Director is responsible for the overall compliance of the Department to include development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program.
- Accurate progress notes are to be entered in the computer in a timely manner for each resident.
- Evaluate recreation therapy programs and make necessary revisions as needed.
- Lead activity programs as scheduled.
- Use such finding to develop, organize, plan and implement innovative therapeutic recreation programs to meet the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of each individual resident at the Veterans’ State Home.
- Administer evaluation assessment, through interview, to determine individual therapeutic program needs and interests.
- Incumbent works on an independent basis and is responsible to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate and direct a therapeutic program of recreation and activities to meet the individual needs of the residents.
- These programs are designed to give residents entertainment, intercommunication, exercise, and relaxation as well as the opportunity to express creative talent.
- The incumbent ensures that residents in the Veterans’ Nursing Home receive fulfillment of their basic psychological, social, and spiritual needs in accordance with current federal, state and local standards.
- This position reports directly to the Nursing Home Administrator.
- At least five (5) years of long-term care experience.
- Experience working with large numbers of volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Familiarity with volunteer programs.
- AHCA, VA, or JCAHO Survey experience.
- Familiarity with resident care plans and MDS.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A