Website Florida Department of Children and Families
Children in crisis need quick action from strong, compassionate individuals dedicated to ensuring their safety. This demanding and challenging career could be your opportunity to speak for those with no voice and fight to help ensure the safety of those who cannot protect themselves. We are looking for people who are detailed-oriented, possess good decision-making skills, and can thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. When seconds count, your career decision may be the critical difference in the life of a child.
- Arrange emergency placement for any child that cannot safely remain in their home;
- Provide families with service linkages to agency and community resources;
- Conduct initial/ongoing child present and impending danger assessments;
- Report indication of abuse, neglect and/or abandonment to the Florida Abuse Hotline;
- Conduct investigations of abuse, neglect, abandonment and/or special conditions for children;
- Assess danger threats, child vulnerabilities and caregiver protective capacities in order to determine whether a child is safe;
- Collect information through observation and interviews with the children, parents, relatives, and neighbors;
- Notify state attorney, law enforcement and child protection teams;
- A bachelor’s degree (degree must be conferred at the time of application).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work or related field preferred. (When applying please attach required education, certification or licensure).
- Must obtain Child Welfare Certification from the Florida Certification Board within 12 months after obtaining provisional certification. All Investigators must maintain certification as a condition of employment.
- The Department provides a Vehicle Insurance Allowance to assist with the cost of insurance coverage due to the use of private vehicle for work purposes.
- Following policy and procedures, Managing Time, Assessing, Planning, Intervening, Evaluating, Documenting, Engaging, Teaming, Taking appropriate actions related to Domestic Violence, Mental Health, and/or Substance Abuse, Establishing Effective Relationships with Colleagues, Professional Competencies.
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A