Website Florida Department of Children and Families
This is a part-time OPS Distributed Computer Systems Specialist position located within the Division of Blind Services (DBS) in Tallahassee, Florida at the DBS State Office. The incumbent in this position will work with DBS and FDOE staff as well as other local businesses, federal, state, public and non-profit agencies, providing in-depth accessibility content review, documentation, and presentation.
- Test and review COTS applications to determine overall accessibility.
- Review internal and external websites to determine a site’s overall accessibility.
- Convert MS Word documents, PDFs, etc. into accessible files.
- Field incoming phone calls, chats, and emails.
- Document, create, and present findings of an accessibility review.
- All other duties as required/requested to assist IT staff with work duties/assignments.
- Knowledge of WCAG and 508 standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of personal computers and working knowledge of MS Office programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of JAWS, ZoomText and other assistive technologies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to work independently.
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A