Website Delaware North
At Delaware North, we care about our associates’ professional and personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee assistance program, training and development, employee discounts, and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition reimbursement are available for eligible associates.
- Attend pre-shift briefing, taking note of relevant information including service scheduling, organization, food and beverage, guest notes, etc.
- Complete any required table-side service which may include taking orders, delivering, and explaining the menu to customers, etc.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and preparations; be able to identify menu items and ingredients by appearance.
- Maintain kitchen and dining room cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and management.
- Motion food from the kitchen to the customer as quickly as possible by receiving food ticket orders, sorting them in kitchen stations, and notifying servers when dishes are complete.
- Assist captains and back servers with the presentation of courses, explaining any relevant menu items if it is missed.
- May assemble some food items and ensure garnishes are placed on the food before it goes out.
- Assist in counting china, glass, silver, and linen.
- Be able to perform opening, mid and closing duties as outlined by management.
- Coordinate with Chef and kitchen staff to ensure timely preparation and delivery of food.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service, and clean-up.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching, and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to stand or walk for the entire length of shift; may include walking up and downstairs.
- Visual acuity and hearing are sufficient to take orders and prepare checks.
Company: Delaware North
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A