Website Denton County
The Server Technician maintains public safety and courts software applications and related infrastructure used throughout Denton County. This position resolves incidents and assists with software upgrades and patches. This position is the primary contact for after-hours technical support and responsible for resolving technical issues or escalating as needed. The Server Technician is required to provide excellent customer service, resolve problems in a timely manner, communicate effectively, and be a positive contributor to the Denton County Technology Services Team.
- Follows documented processes for the day-to-day system administration of Windows Server environments.
- Performs regularly scheduled maintenance and upgrades of applications and server operating systems.
- Contributes, troubleshoots and repairs server operating systems.
- Analyzes the performance of the environment and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains application, server, and network security through best practices.
- Acts as the primary on call contact for after-hours technical support. Responsible for resolving after-hours technical issues or escalating as needed.
- Performs day-to-day tasks associated with user account, e-mail, and file permission management.
- Configures, manages, and supports public safety and court related software applications.
- Ensures new technology initiatives are stable and readily maintained.
- Monitors the department’s building security systems and responds accordingly.
- Assists Mobile Systems Technician with public safety software and hardware issues in vehicles.
- Must not have any Class B misdemeanor or higher convictions or deferred adjudications.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required. Must obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 90 days of employment.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum three years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
Company: Denton County
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Denton, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A