Website Denver Health
Under general supervision, interprets either over the phone, on video in a call center setting, or in person for medical staff and for limited English proficiently patients and their families requiring language assistance.
- Interpreters follow policies & procedures including the ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
- Accurately interprets both the content and the spirit of the communication without adding, omitting, editing, or changing the information.
- Interpreters will seek clarification as needed.
- Expertise with medical terminology and vocabulary strongly preferred.
- Medical Interpreter experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional timeliness in routinely responding to face to face interpretation request within Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish and pass a Medical Interpreter assessment test.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Epic EMR experience preferred.
- Knowledge of call center technology.
Company: Denver Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Aurora, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A