Website Denver Health
Releases and copies medical records for outside agencies, patients, courts etc. in an established process and procedure, following state and federal laws for legal release of health information. Under minimal supervision, audits the medical record to ensure completeness and legibility. Pull medical charts to prepare clinical lines. Files loose paperwork daily and accurately. Maintain the four-part chart accurately. Duties include release of information for medical record requests and answering customer questions via telephone. Provides administrative assistance to the Denver Sheriff Health Services Unit. Maintain a high level of Confidentiality. Maintain a professional relationship with Denver Sheriff Health Service’s staff, along with Denver Health.
- Prefer individuals with HIM and computer experience.
- Ability to interact well with customers.
- Self motivated, multitasker, detailed oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of terminal-digit filling systems sufficient to maintain records.
- Knowledge of release of information.
- Demonstrates knowledge and applicability in complying with State and Federal regulations, HIPPA, Denver Sheriff Department, NCCHC, and ACA regarding release of information and privacy of patient records.
- High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
- One year of clerical experience required.
- Previous release of information and EHR experience preferred.
Company: Denver Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Application Deadline: N/A