Website Denver Health
Under minimal supervision, performs inpatient nutrition by assembling food trays for eating disorder patients. Utilizes computer system to process menus and diet information. Performs routine clerical and tray line duties.
- Adjusts and corrects menus according to diet order and patient preferences.
- Clarifies incomplete or ambiguous diet order efficiently.
- Initiates discussion for need of supplement/nourishment with patient and refers to MD/RD to place order for supplement/nourishment in electronic medical record.
- Performs intake analysis (calorie counts) as assigned.
- Effectively uses computer software/electronic medical record to perform diet office functions and clinical activities.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Obtains patient food preferences and effectively handles patient/customer requests and complaints.
- Discusses patient concerns/problems with the dietitian effectively and timely.
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of foods for hospital patients.
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, such as vegetables and meats, to be prepared in kitchen.
- Processes new diets and changes as required.
- Communicates patient needs to appropriate staff while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- May prepare and deliver formula and special nourishments to unit pantries.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Basic food-handling skills.
- Knife skills training required.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Company: Denver Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lakewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A