Website Denver Health
Under general supervision, the professional nurse adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) standards of professional nursing and performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics to provide care to all patients. Applies critical thinking, evidence-based policies, procedures, guidelines and competence to collaborate with the health care team to promote excellence in patient safety and quality outcomes. Utilizes the Theory of Human Caring and Caritas in daily practice. “Jean Watson, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Founder / Director, Watson Caring Science Institute” We understand the support needed for a new nurse to be successful. With this in mind, we offer a 12-month Nurse Residency Program that provides monthly education classes and hands-on clinical experiences, designed to ease the transition from student to practicing professional nurse. Our program builds on the knowledge and skills acquired in nursing education programs.
- Ability to adhere to, comply with and demonstrates support for the mission and values of Denver Health.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to ensure all duties, responsibilities and competencies are conducted in a manner that is effective and appropriate to patients/clients to who care/service is being provided.
- Ability to support and adhere to the Denver Health Values of Trust, Respect, & Excellence.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of patient information by creating and maintaining a secure and trusting environment by not sharing information learned on the job, except when necessary in the performance of the job responsibilities or to improve a patient’s care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and applicability of the principles of growth and development over the life span, as well as demonstrating the ability to assess data reflecting the patient’s status and interpreting appropriate cultural information of the patient(s) to whom care/ services is being delivered/provided.
- Ability to adhere to Denver Health and departmental attendance guidelines.
- Ability to complete and maintain clinical competency standards.
- Refer to Standards of Professional Nursing Practice.
- BSN preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of Colorado or a participating compact state required- Must be licensed by employment start date; apply and interview up to 120 days before that date Supervisory Responsibilities This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR required.
- Ability to apply nursing principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of standards, policies and procedures of Denver Health as they pertain to nursing.
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to use computers and computer systems. Bilingual skills preferred. Computers and Technology
- Skill to properly use medical instruments and laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of techniques, methods and competencies of clinical nursing practices. Knowledge of safety principles and infection control in the patient care environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program that satisfies the licensing requirements of the Colorado State Board of Nursing for Registered Nurses.
- Ability to assess patients’ needs and coordinate proper nursing care. Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- EPIC documentation preferred. Certificates, Licenses and Registration
- This program is offered those with no previous RN experience.
Company: Denver Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A