Website U.S. Department of Education
This position is located in Federal Student Aid (FSA), Finance Office (FO), Financial Management Systems Group (FMSG) and is responsible for setting the framework in which the FSA Financial Management System (FMS) and all other FSA financial systems operate; defining financial management IT requirements to meet business needs; ensuring interfaces with the Department financial management systems are effective and comply with all federal and Departmental cybersecurity requirements.
- Promotes the effective and efficient design and development of new financial management systems and modifications to existing systems ensuring systems security and quality assurance for all financial management.
- Manages the security of FMS through ensuring that system risk assessments and certification/accreditation are completed within required timeframes and in accordance with Federal information systems security protocols and published procedures. Addresses significant and potential cybersecurity problems, trends, and weaknesses to mitigate identified risks.
- Oversees the development and implementation of complex Government-wide financial management laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines, which affect the financial operation of CFO, FSA and the Department; ensures that each are always in compliance.
- Serves as FSA’s representative on high-level Department and interagency financial management systems panels and committees. When assigned to a panel or committee, has authority to speak for FSA on financial management systems policy and related matters.
- Serves as principal advisor to the FSA, Chief Finance Officer (CFO) on all issues pertaining to the FSA financial management systems operation.
- Provides advice on wide-ranging program policies that shape and control the direction of FSA financial system operations. Ensures that FMS and other FSA financial systems continue to support the Department’s overall mission and strategic plan.
- Directs staff in the development, implementation, operation, security, and maintenance of FSA FMS and all other FSA component financial management systems, and in the development of strategies for the purchase, requirements development, enhancement and maintenance of application software and tools.
- Keeps abreast of the current state of the art in all areas relating to financial management systems operations through personal study and contacts with other organizations in industry and government. By the exchange of ideas, points out the direction of required research and development programs, through in-house and/or contract efforts, which all provide the technology required to meet future FSA needs and contribute to the solutions of financial issues generally.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Requires a financial disclosure statement, OGE-278.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
Company: U.S. Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A