Website U.S. Department of the Interior
This position is located in Northeast-North Regional Human Resources Office, in the Staffing and Advisory Services Division.
- Performs a full range of compensation duties for supported organization(s) compensation programs.
- Interprets regulations, policies, and directives, and uses good judgment to provide accurate pay setting guidance.
- Performs the full range of recruitment tasks authorized under OPM Delegated Examining (DE) Certification.
- Verifies applicant eligibility, qualifications, and ratings for complex technical, professional and scientific positions.
- Trains managers and HR staff on availability and use of a full range of recruitment flexibilities such as authorities, direct hire, and agency or bureau specific authorities.
- Guides managers in developing job analysis and selecting appropriate criteria for evaluating job candidates in complex positions; explains qualifications determinations to supervisors, managers, and job applicants.
- Informs applicants of hiring decisions; performs reconsideration of ratings analysis; and coordinates release dates or other required staffing actions.
- Develops recruitment strategies to address specific resource or program needs.
- Provides definitive pay setting and pay administration guidance to serviced organizations and servicing HR offices.
- Serves as a technical advisor to serviced organizations providing comprehensive classification and position management products including assistance with organizational charts, workforce planning projections, organizational realignments and redesigns.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- This position has a work schedule of Monday through Friday working between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home up. You must obtain a government charge card for travel purposes.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
Company: U.S. Department of the Interior
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A